Hamburger pork combination or lamb if that sounds good
Breadcrumbs soaked in milk and then run out
Green onions, garlic, minced, parsley, Celery, salt, pepper, LEMON zest
Drizzle olive oil then mixed with hand’s. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes
Leftover Meatloaf Tricks
- Serve a warmed over slide with a fried egg on top for breakfast
- Dip a slice in egg wash and then panko bread crumnbs and fry in a skillet till browned
The goal of a casserole is not to prepare a restaurant-quality showpiece, but is rather to feed the hungry and heartbroken.
- Allow for drainage, or you could get a soggy bottom. There are meatloaf pans that have holes in them to let the grease drop to the bottom of the pan.
- A casserole should have kind of a creamy mouth feel to it, have a crunchy top (traditionally Ritz Crackers) and you should be able to identify the individual components within the casserole.
- The advent of soup make it unnecessary to start with a bechemel sauce or veloute sauce.
- Many meatloaf recipes use stale bread crumbs. Try these options:
– Use a fresh and hearty loaf such as French bread
– Use dry oatmeal – not minute oats, but traditional rolled oats