These are from Martha Stewart Web Site
* 3 large egg whites
* 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
* 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
* 3/4 cup light corn syrup
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions 1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites and cream of tartar together until light and frothy. With the mixer running, slowly pour in 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup water, corn syrup, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Place over medium heat and cook until boiling. Cook, stirring, until mixture reaches the firm-ball stage, about 242 to 248 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 6 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
3. With the mixer on low, slowly add hot syrup to egg-white mixture. Increase mixer speed to high and continue beating for 5 minutes. Add vanilla and continue to beat until mixture looks like marshmallow cream, about 1 minute more.
Makes about 5 cups
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only