- 1 (12 OZ) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 pounds leftover steak – cut thinly
- 4 TBL all-purpose flour
- 2 C beef broth
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 TBL Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water until done, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, cook mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat until soft; remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Warm strips of steak in melted butter
- Mix in flour.
- Stir in beef broth, and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add mushroom and onion mixture
- Stir in sour cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until sauce is hot, but not boiling.
- Use white wine to thin the sauce if it is too thick
- Serve sauce over egg noodles.
Find more like this: Casseroles and Pan Dishes