If you want to be a hit at your next party or potluck, consider making a six foot sub. HINT: It is not really six foot long.
- 6-8 sub sandwich rolls
- about 24 slices of provalone cheese
- 24 slices of ham
- 30 slices of salami
- 1 onion – sliced very thin
- 2 bell peppers – cut into very thin julienne strips
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce – shredded
- 4 tomatoes – sliced thin
- Optional – Dijon mustard or ketchup
STEP BY STEP
- Here is the key: Cut the ends off all of your sub rolls. They will eventually fit together (end to end) so that they look like one huge sub.
- Cut them lengthwise into sandwich buns
- Drizzle them with EVOO – Optional: Use a grill pan to give them nice grill marks
- Put thin layer of onions on the subs
- Broadcast lettuce onto the subs
- Put tomato and bell peppers on the lettuce
- Add your meats, and end with your cheese
- Optional – Put under the broiler for about 30 seconds to melt the cheese
- Transport on a large tray covered with a towel
- Put your boards together end to end
- Put your subs together end to end, and cut into 2 inch servings
- You will need 2 three foot boards, or 3 two foot boards – about six inches wide.
- Note: It’s actually easier (and almost as impressive) to make an entire tray of subs already cut and separated.