TIPS ABOUT THE PASTA ITSELF
- When you cook pasta, put a couple tablespoons of the salted pasta water into your sauce. It will help the sauce stick to the pasta.
- If flavor is more important than sauce, toss the pasta with a couple tablespoons of butter before putting on the sauce.
TIPS ABOUT THE SAUCE
- For a meat sauce, use about two thirds 85/15 lean ground chuck and one third ground pork ( for a bit of sweetness )
- For a vegetable sauce be sure to your your mirpois trio: Carrot, celery and onion
- You can enhance your sauce with a bit of wine. White wine gives a good fresh flavor. Red wine gives a stronger bold statement.
- Sear your tomato paste before putting it into your sauce. It will help develop the flavor and concentrate the sugars.
Find more like this: 222 Tips, Tricks and Tools