2 CU sugar
1 CU light corn syrup
1 CU water
2 CU raw Spanish peanuts
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBL butter
2 tsp baking soda
Shallow non-stick Baking Pan
- Prepare baking pan with spray shortening.
- Heat and stir sugar, syrup and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until the sugar dissolves, then add the salt.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage (234 degrees)
- Add peanuts at 250 degrees.
- Cook to hard crack stage (290 degrees), stirring often
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly, stir in butter and baking soda.
- Beat to a froth for a few seconds.
- Pour quickly onto 2 well-buttered 15-1/2×10-1/2×1-inch pans, spreading with spatula. It may kind of spread itself if you are quick enough.
- When cooled, break apart and eat!
Find more like this: Snacks -n- Treats