- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 2 C bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 TBL coarse salt
STEP BY STEP
- Mix and knead the dough ingredients together to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise for 60 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F, with a baking stone on the bottom rack.
- Gently deflate the dough, and divide it into 8 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll balls into 6″ circles and place on the hot stone.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes, until puffy. Turn them over, and bake for one more minute.
- Remove from the oven, and place on a rack to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
- Once the pitas are cool, separate the two sides of each to make 16 thin rounds. These will become your chips
- Brush rough side with oil or butter, and sprinkle with salt
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches