INGREDIENTS to make FOUR 6-8 inch pizzas.
Simply double ingredients to make more pizzas or larger pizzas.
- 1 C warm water – about 105º ±
- 1-1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 C bread flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 C olive oil
STEP BY STEP
- Mix water, yeast and sugar in a glass bowl
- Let feed 5 minutes
- Sift together flour and salt ( keep 1/2 C flour aside )
- Combine flour with yeast and EVOO
- Put 1/2 C flour on the counter
- Mix until a ball forms, then dump onto counter
- Add more flour if necessary
- Mix until flour is gone and dough ball is elastic
- Place in greased bowl and turn to cover ball
- Let rise on counter about 45 minutes
- Punch dough down to get rid of internal bubbles
- Turn out onto floured surface and cut into (approximately) 100 gm balls – baseball sized
- Let rise on counter for another hour
- Form into disks, leaving the border puffly
- Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal
- Put disk onto baking sheet
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes
Dough may be wrapped in plastic and kept in the refrigerator for up to two days. Let come up to room temperature and cover to let rise for at least 4 hours.
Freeze for up to a month. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then proceed as with the refrigerated balls.
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches