This is my own recipe that was created based on a video showing a Pizza Pot Pie as created by Chicago Pizza and Grinder Company at 2121 N Clark Street. Allowances have been made for my own tastes.
- Use a ceramic bowl with little (or no) lip
- 1/2 C clarified butter
- You can make whatever sauce tickles your fancy. Chicago Pizza uses a sauce with onions, peppers, garlic, sausage, tomatoes and more that simmers for eight hours. Truly a sauce worth tasting.
- Here are several of my own sauces.
- Grandpa’s Bolognese
- Basic Marinara
Here is another recipe that I found when I was researching this recipe. It looked really good too.
STEP BY STEP
- Brush the bowl and the rim heavily with melted clarified butter
- Lay down layered slices of Provalone, Mozzarella and Manchego cheese
- Put in three of your favorite toppings:
– mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, black olives, etc.
– Just three though, because otherwise it will become too soupy
- Top with your favorite sauce
- Cover with flattened pizza dough
- Brush clarified butter across the top
- Bake at 450º for 12-15 minutes
- Run a spoon around the rim to loosen the crust
- Invert and flip out on your serving plate
Here is a fairly complete step by step video made by Courtney Budyzn
Find more like this: Casseroles and Pan Dishes