This sauce (everything before the eggplant) can be used for many things. It is good on pizza, on bread, in lasagna or spaghetti, and much more.
- 1 Onion – chopped
- 2 TBL EVOO
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 2 TBL sugar
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 C chicken stock
- Several basil leaves
- 1 eggplant – peeled
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parm Reggiano cheese
STEP BY STEP
- Cook chopped onions, butter and EVOO over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and sugar and cook for another two minutes
- Add one can diced tomatoes and 1 CUP chicken stock, and simmer for another 30 minutes
- Add thin strips of basil and cook for another minute
- Cut eggplant into thin strips, spray each side lightly with Pam, and cook over medium high heat in a stainless steel or cast iron skillet for a minute or two
- Create a lasagna of Eggplant, sauce, Mozzarella, Parm Regg, and then repeat.
- Finish with cheese on top and bake about 12 minutes at 350 degrees