Based on a recipe by Chef Jeff Smedstad of Elote Cafe in Sedona. A few modifications have been made by Grandpa.
- 4 lb Pork Cheeks
- 1 C Grandpa's Thunder Powder, Arghh Powder, or other.
- 1 C Coca Cola
- Zest and juice from three oranges
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 1 TBL sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
STEP BY STEP
- The day before cooking, season the pork on all sides with Thunder Powder and refrigerate for 12-24 hours
- Transfer to a roasting pan and pour the premixed Coke, sesame oil, liquid smoke and orange juice over the pork.
- Cover roasting pan with the lid or foil.
- Roast for 3 hours at 300º until pork is fork tender.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- When you are ready to eat, brush the pork cheeks with the pan juices and slide under the broiler in you oven until crisp and browned.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only