- When you grate potatoes for hashed browns, or cut them up for potato salad, don’t lose those wonderful potato skins.
- Cut off nice thick pieces for potato skins.
- Store them for up to a week in salt water
Ingredients to feed 4 people
– cut thick enough to enjoy
Step by Step
- Stuff a canning jar with the potato skins
– use the whites of the potato for whatever recipe you have going
- Fill a measuring cup with two cups of hot water
- Add a tablespoon of salt to the water and stir to dissolve
- Pour over the potatoes in the jar
- Put the lid on the jar
- Let them cool on the counter for half an hour
- Put them into the refrigerator and store for up to a week
- Dump the salted water
- Fill the jar with fresh water
- Dump this rinse water, but only rinse them once.
- Pat them dry with a towel and spray with vegetable spray or wipe lightly with EVOO
- Bake in the oven at 400º for 45 minutes to an hour
- Serve with sour cream mixed with your favorite dried spices.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or ketchup, and serve with eggs.
Oh, one more thing…
A FUN FACT or some other alternate preparation tip
Look for Grandpa's Cookbook coming soon. © 2016.