Pumpkin Soup #1
Squash or Pumpkin
4 TBL Olive oil
1 tsp White Pepper
1 tsp Clove
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Caramom
1 tsp Thyme
18 OZ Vegetable Stock
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 TBL maple syrup OR honey OR sugar
1/4 CU cider vinegar
1. Cut and deseed your squash (see Toasted Pumpkin Seeds)
2. Cut into two inch cubes (leaving skin on)
3. Toss in bowl with olive oil and spices (excluding Sage)
4. Put on sheet pan, set foil over top, and cook @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes
5. Remove skin and puree soft meat
6. Mix with Vegetable Stock and tomatoes in large sauce pan
7. Add sage twigs and turn heat to high (time to move quickly…)
8. Add maple syrup OR honey OR sugar
9. After about 2 minutes from the time you turned heat up, remove sage twigs, add dolop of butter and serve
… OR mix melted butter into soup, and put milk into blender to create foam that goes nicely on top of pumpkin soup
Garnish with nutmeg
Squash should sound solid, not hollow.
Pumpkin Soup #2
Leek (white part only)
1. Sauté leek, add pumpkins pieces, nutmeg and stock to cover.
2. Bring to heat (done), blender. Crushed cookie on top.
Serve with ginger cookies
Pumpkins Soup #3
1. Toss pumpkin pieces with olive oil, salt, cloves, cinnamon.
2. Arrange down on sheet pan.
3. Bake at 325° for 45 min.
4. Puree broth, whole sage for 5 min – remove sage. Top with milk foam, butter, nutmeg.
Peel & deseed and cut into 1” pieces pumpkin
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only