3 TBL butter
3 TBL flour
4 oz chicken stock or broth
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
4 oz Cheddar Cheese
4 oz Mozarella Cheese
4 oz Fontina Cheese
4 oz Gruyere or similar cured cheese
1. Cut top off pumpkin, as you might for a jack-o-lantern.
2. Clean seeds and pump out. Seeds taste great baked.
3. Cut cheese into very small pieces or grate
4. Cut apples and bread into bite-sized pieces
1. Melt butter over low heat in large sauce pan
2. Stir in flour and continue to stir until it starts to darken
3. When darkened, add broth and stir until smooth
4. Add mustard and Worchestershire
5. Add cheeses and stir until smooth
6. At this point, microwave pumpkin bowl for 5 minutes
7. Pour melted cheese into hot pumpkin bowl.
8. Serve with forks
Any type of squash will work, as it is mainly simply a container.
Rather than preparing on the stovetop, if you have an oven melt the cheese in the pumpkin bowl at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only