2 LB Beef roast (eye or the round is best for this recipe)
4 garlic cloves
Coat with Dry Rub, wrap and refrigerate
1 Red onion (trim into large pieces)
1 yellow bell (large pieces)
1 red bell (large pieces)
1 potato (medium pieces)
The night before, lightly oil your meat with EVOO, then coat your meat with the dry rub and wrap it in plastic.
The next day, let it warm just a bit (an hour on the counter) before cooking.
1. Poke holes in meat with point of a sharp knife
2. Insert cloves of garlic into holes
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and thyme
4. Sear over very high heat using canola oil (about 400-450º)
5. Toss veggies in 1 TBL EVOO and spices of your choice
6. Spread veggies out on baking sheet
7. Place meat in center of baking sheet on top of veggies – fat cap on top if there is one
8. Bake all at 220-250º degrees for 2 hours
– Internal temperature should be about 115º
9. Close door and monitor internal temperature. Take out when internal temp is 130º
Let rest at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before carving. Serve with roasted veggies.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only