- 6 clean egg yolks – no white, no chalaza membrane/sinew
- 3 TBL honey
- 3 TBL Karo syrup
- 1/2 C Madeira or Marsala wine – red or pink
- Juice and zest from one lime
STEP BY STEP
- Break six eggs (one at a time) in a small bowl
- Save the egg whites for another use
- Whisk the yolks and other ingredients together in a large stainless steel bowl
- Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (a bain marie)
- Whisk continually until it thickens (8-15 minutes)
- Place in a glass dish, and top with fresh fruit
Strawberry, blueberry, grapes… whatever
This must be made at the last minute, or it deflates and separates and becomes watery.
Serving idea: Serve in same sized bowls, but each one a different shape. Goodwill is a good source for this hodgepodge of serving dishes.
Find more like this: Desserts