IMPORTED – NOT YET DEBUGGED
1 pound Atlantic salmon fillet
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 cups thawed apple juice concentrate
1 12 cup finely chopped green onions
1 medium green apple, julienne
1/2 carrot, julienne
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup diced pineapple ;~ .tVA:P4(;;AjfiA:6E’
1 cup shredded bok choy ~o
2 cups cooked udon noodles
1. Divide salmon into four 4-ounce portions.
2. Combine all ingredients for marinade except green onions in blender container and process.
Stir in the onions. (Makes approximately 2 cups marinade.)
3. Combine salmon with 1/2 ofmarin~e in a shallowbowLMarinate 1 to 2 hours in refrigerator, depending on flavor desired. Turn s~lmon6ccasi6nally to distribute marinade evenly.
4. Preheat grill or broiler. Discard marinade and cook salmon for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
5. Combine all vegetables for salad and mix well. Place 1/2 cup udon noodles on plate. Top with
1 cup vegetables and 1 salmon fillet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons reserve marinade over all.
Makes 4 servings, each containing approximately:
46 gm. carbohydrate
54 mg. cholesterol
25 gm. protein
760 mg. sodium
5 gm. fiber
will have up to
to 11 grams fat. The
The nutritional information on salmon varies greatly. Wild
13 grams fat per 4 ounce serving. Atlantic farm raised salmon
analysis in this recipe includesJilantic salmon with 10
fish is a •reat source of hearthi~tflzy•omega-3 fatty acids.
highifat fish per week.” ”