ADD MY VIDEO BACK IN LATER
This is perfect when you want about a quart of salsa.
Just buy the ingredients, process, and you are done!
The video above is Grandpa showing you just how easy this recipe is.
INGREDIENTS: Shopping List:
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Green chili pepper
- 1 Jalapano pepper(optional)
- 1 Serano chili pepper (optional)
- 1 Sweet onion
- 1 Orange bellpPepper
- 1 Bunch cilantro
- 2 Green onions
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
STEP BY STEP
- Remove skin from tomatoes (Optional) See below
- Pulse onion and garlic until chopped – about 5 x
- Add bell pepper pulse 3 x
- Add jalapeno and serrano peppers pulse 3 x
- Cut tomato into large pieces and ** process until blended but chunky
- Cut all other ingredients into pieces and *** pulse until chunky (not too small though)
- Add salt to taste
- Pour into mixing bowl, mix and store in refrigerator
- To remove skin from tomatoes, bring pot of water to boiling. Put a small X on the top of the tomato. Put tomatoes in boiling water for about 60 seconds. Remove and put into cold water for another 60 seconds. The skin should easily peel off.
- Process – means blender or food processor. If you have neither chop the heck out of it with a knife. Goodwill though, has blenders for just a couple of dollars.
- Pulse – means run your processor in short bursts until the ingredients are “chopped” into small pieces.