Oh my God…. I tried this and it works! I was amazed. Here is the video of this really cool Life Hack. Below are some other corn tips and tricks.
Another video by PDX Traveler
Tips and Tricks
- Corn on the cob should be cooked and eaten as soon as possible. Definitely within 48 hours of being picked, or the sugars will turn to starch, and the corn will become tough as time passes.
- When buying corn ASK when it was picked. If it has been anything other than “this morning” don’t get it – or at least know that you are buying inferior tasting corn.
- When not using the tip above, use a steamer (10 minutes) or a pot of boiling salted water (5 minutes) Actually, the microwave idea is pretty cool, but does not cook the corn as nicely as steam or boiling water.
- Yellow kernel corn has a more fully developed flavor, but white kernel corn tends to be sweeter.
MEXICAN CORN ON THE COB
- Grill the corn off the husk and on sticks
- Coat the cooked corn with sour cream or mayo
- Sprinkle with Tajin and salt – If you can’t find Tajin, use ground cayenne
- Roll in grated cotijo cheese or queso fresco
- Serve with wedges of lime for squeezing.