- If you want to know the differences between some of these traditional Chinese dishes, CLICK HERE.
- Sichuan Beef usually includes Thai peppers or some other very hot peppers
Ingredients to feed 4 people
|1 lb. beef flank steak
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
6-24 Thai hot peppers – depending on taste
1 sm. red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 oz. frozen baby corn, defrosted
1/4 pound pea pods, julienned
| 2 tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
4 tsp. Oriental dark roasted sesame oil, divided
1 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
Step by Step
- Put flank steak in freezer for 30 minutes
- Combine soy sauce, 2 tsp. oil, sugar and cornstarch; stir into strips.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and peppers; cook 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and corn; stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Remove vegetables.
- Stir-fry beef strips (half at a time) 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return vegetables and beef to wok and heat through.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Oh, one more thing…
You might have heard of a Ming vase. This is a VERY expensive antique produced in the Szechuan Province of China
- The Sichuan Province is about the size of Spain
- The big Buddha of Le Shan is the tallest stone-carved Buddha in the world. It is 71 meters (250 feet) tall.
Look for Grandpa's Cookbook coming soon. © 2016.