- Idaho Russet Potato
STEP BY STEP
- Wash your potato well
- Poke holes in it using a fork or a corn cob holder – See notes below.
- To crisp up the skin, brush it with butter and then sprinkle with salt
- Another tip is to push a metal skewer through the potato. This is supposed to get the potato hotter inside. This is debatable, so don’t worry about it if you don’t have one.
- Bake at 400º for 50-60 minutes. Really large baked potatoes should go about 70 minutes.
- Your choices for condiments include serving with butter, sour cream, chives, steamed broccoli, and bacon. Use your imagination.
- If you don’t poke holes in your potato, the steam cannot escape and 215º is the hottest that your potato will get inside. With holes poked, the inside of the potato will get closer to 300º and caramelization of the sugars can occur.
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches