- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (substitute flour if necessary)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
STEP BY STEP
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add just enough milk to make thick paste.
- In a saucepan, add your paste
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to darken
- Add in the rest of your liquid, stirring constantly and rapidly
- “Temper” liquid into the beaten eggs, then add the eggs to the mixture.
- Cook until it starts to bubble and thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend in vanilla with whisk.
- Pour into dessert cups and chill.
Find more like this: Desserts