This was originally a recipe for breadsticks. If that is what you want, just make them skinnier.
- Scald milk.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, salt and shortening.
- Blend and cool to lukewarm.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Add the milk mixture and 1/2 cup flour to the east.
- Mix in breadmaker at medium speed until smooth, scraping the bowl occasionally. 100 strokes if by hand.
- Add more flour, a little at a time, until dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board.
- Knead until smooth and elastic: about eight minutes.
- Place in lightly greased bowl.
- Turn dough over to grease top also.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size: about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 until browned
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only