2 LB boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 CU Beef or Chicken Broth
1 TBL EVOO
1 sm onion (diced)
1 carrot (grated or julienne strips)
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp chili powder
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides.
3. Remove pork onto plate and pun onion into skillet to brown
4. When browned, add vinegar to deglaze the pan
5. Mix skillet contents with ketchup, brown sugar, and other ingredients into a slow cooker
6. Add the pork and turn to coat.
7. Cover and cook on LOW for 5-8 hours until pork is tender
8. Remove the pork and place on a cutting board
9. Let stand for 10 minutes to let the juices re-absorb into meat tissues
10. Using 2 forks, shred the pork
11. Return the pork to the cooker and mix with other ingredients
12. Serve on deli rolls
Serve with cole slaw
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only