Grandpa created and submitted this recipe to The International Rescue Committee for inclusion in its Gila Farm Cooperative CSA Newsletter. This is a program that we subscribed to, and prepaid for, which gives the farmers money for seeds. Throughout the coming year, we get all sorts of greens and other produce fresh from the farm.
This is also great if you are traveling and get a chance to sample the street side farmer stands or a local farmers’ market.
For details, visit The IRC CSA Site
Use 16 oz of canned stock, or make your own. It’s much healthier and really easy. Here is a link to Grandpa Cooks HOMEMADE MEAT AND VEGGIE STOCK.
Fill with DISTILLED water to cover two inches over top of ingredients
- 16 oz stock
- Handful of mustard greens (chopped)
- Handful of Collar Greens (chopped)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 carrot (julienne strips or peeler strips, then chopped)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP BY STEP
- This is about as easy as it gets…
- Bring stock up to a simmer
- Add ingredients
- Let simmer for 30-45 minutes
- Serve with bread or even better BISQUICK DROP BISCUITS.