Ingredients for chicken Parmesan
1 large chicken filet
Hard block of Parmesean cheese
1/2 cup of ricotta, cottage cheese, or homemade cheese
Traditionally, Parmesan recipes also use Ricota cheese. Check out GrandpaCooks.com for our recipe on making your own homemade cheese. This does not have the exact taste of Ricotta, but we like it better. The main thing is that it does not melt, and it is fun and real easy to make.
1. Get large chicken filet and slice lengthwise making a kind of pita pocket
2. Put strips of parmesan cheese inside the chicken
3. Sprinkle with just a bit of oregano
Season your chicken to taste
Dip in flour
Dip in egg
Dip in bread crumbs
Do not crowd pan or your breading will become soggy
4. Fry in covered pan with very little oil.
5. Flip occasionally.
6. When cheese starts to leak out, internal temp of chicken is hot enough and chicken is cooked
Top with hot marinara and serve or see next line for oven directions
If you have an oven available, sprinkle the Ricotta and greens on top, and broil for about five minutes
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only