Beef, chicken, chorizo or pork – Cooked
1/4 C Onion, 1 potato and 6 oz chorizo
Coriander or cilantro
- Sear meat pieces and set aside
- To hot skillet, add carrots, cabbage, garlic, basil, cumin, coriander, parsley.
- Don’t need to cook completely.
- Add 1 tbl lime juice and cilantro.
- Heat tortilla in a hot cast iron skillet for about 15 seconds per side
- Roll in tortillas (or empanada wrappers) and hold in place w/ 2 toothpicks.
- Spray w/ oil & broil till golden brown or fry in shallow pan of hot oil until browned.
- You can also deep fry, and then let drain on rack over a paper towel
- Remove toothpicks
- Plate and serve with cooked veggies, guacamole, mango, cantaloupe and side salad.
- Top with chipotle & sour cream or Mexican crema
Oil or oven should be preheated to 350º