1 Pork Loin or very thick Pork Chop
10 Shallots (peeled and thinly sliced)
3 carrots (unpeeled and cut into two inch pieces)
2 red potatoes (unpeeled and cut into large chunks)
1 CU vegetable broth (homemade is best)
4 TBL Olive Oil
3/4 CU white wine
2 TBL Balsamic Vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Toss carrots, potatoes and shallots in a bowl with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar
3. Remove all items (except the liquid, of course)
4. Set the pork into the liquid to marinade for an hour
5. Place 2 TBL of the liquid into an “oven-approved” pan, and heat until very hot
6. Put pork into pan and cover. Cook 2 minutes, allowing to brown..
7. Uncover, flip pork, cover, and brown another minute.
8. Remove pork and set aside.
9. Add remaining marinade, and heat.
10. Add shallots and saute for 3-4 minutes.
11. Add back the pork, followed by all other ingredients
12. Cover and roast in oven for 45 minutes.
13. Spoon some liquid from bottom of pan over top of the pork to moisten.
14. Serve with Sour Dough Bread (recipe is at this site)
You can substitute a thinly sliced red onion for shallots if more convenient.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only