- 1 Vidalia onion – sliced thin
- 3 TBL Butter
- 1 C Stock
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1/2 C Heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Chives – minced
- 1 TBL Sour cream
STEP BY STEP
- Slice onion in half, and then very thin.
- Sweat onion in butter on low heat one hour.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a bare simmer and add milk.
- Bring back to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Mix in heavy cream.
- Temper in your egg yolk. CLICK HERE to see how to temper.
- Puree carefully and strain or run through a food mill.
- Garnish w/ sour cream & Chives
Find more like this: Stews and Soups