Peeling lots and lots of potatoes
- Score the potato around the equator
- Boil the potato for 3-4 minutes
- Plunge in ice water
- Skin should slide off
Other misc tips and tricks
- To keep served food warm, heat your plates in a 200º oven before serving
- For a nice brown cheese sandwich use mayonnaise rather than butter
- Dress the SIDE of your salad bowl to more evenly coat your salad leaves
- Put a metal bowl over top of your cooking grilled sandwich with a drop of water to melt the cheese and keep the bread soft.
- To reheat fries bring up to room temperature, put on wire rack, spray with oil, bake at 400º until browned
- Don’t start your hot pasta water with hot water from the tap. This includes MUCH more dissolved solids than cold water.
- While on the subject, don’t start your pasta in non-boiling water. It changes the texture and can make it gummy
- If you run out of butter, just use canola oil in a 1 to 1 ratio. The fats in the oil behaves exactly like melted butter.
- Use old toilet paper rolls to scoop up the congealed grease from your pan. These can then be used as fire starter logs.
- Sour cream spread on tortilla
- no wet stuff
Find more like this: 222 Tips, Tricks and Tools