If you don’t have a needed ingredient, there are usually options.
- Replace half the amount of butter in your recipe with applesauce; if the recipe calls for one cup of butter, use half a cup of butter and half a cup of applesauce. If you don’t mind a denser, more moist bread, replace all the butter with applesauce to cut even more calories and fat.
- Use Greek yogurt cup for cup to replace all or part of your butter
- Canola oil can be used in place of melted butter.
- 1 C = 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter + 3/4 cup milk.
- 1 C = 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter + 3/4 cup low-fat milk + 1 TBL flour or cornstarch.
- 1 C = 1 cup skim milk + 2 TBL cornstarch.
- 1 C = 1/6 cup melted butter + 7/8 cup half-and-half.
Basic rule of thumb:
One egg yolk to 1/2 cup of oil. Plus 1 tsp Dijon and salt
Find more like this: 222 Tips, Tricks and Tools