- 2 artichokes
- 1 very sharp paring knife
STEP BY STEP
- Cut top of artichoke off about halfway down the body, discarding the hard pointy leaves
- The proper way is to cut the stem off at the body, but the first inch of the stem is quite edible. Keep it for other uses.
- Rotating the remaining artichoke, trim off all remaining leaves down to the meaty body.
- Finish by cutting out the center choke and remaining center leaves
WHAT WE DO…
- I cut off the pointy tip, the use scissors to trim the points off all other leaves.
- Steam the entire thing for about 45-55 minutes
- Serve with mayonnaise dipping sauce
- Scrape the meat off each leaf with your teeth.
- When you get to the choke, cut it out and discard it
- Eat the stem and heart. They are the best part.
Find more like this: Appetizers and Sides