Pineapple Upside Down Cake 1
1/2 CU butter
1 CU packed brown sugar
1/4 CU corn syrup
3/4 CU chopped pecans (optional)
20 OZ pineapple slices (drained – save juice)
3 eggs (separated)
2 TBL lemon juice
1 CU sugar
1 CU all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt butter in 9 inch cast iron skillet
3. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans, then remove from heat
4. Artistically arrange pineapple pieces or rings over the brown sugar mixture
5. Set the skillet aside for now
6. Beat egg yolks.
7. Add sugar, beating continually
8. Add flour mixture and stir in 5 TBL pineapple juice
9. In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form
10. Fold whites into cake batter
11. Pour or spoon evenly over pineapple slices
12. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes
13. Cool skillet for 30 minutes, then invert onto serving plate
14. Place maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, or as part of artistic arrangement of pieces.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake 2
1 pound diced pineapple
¼ tsp ground ginger
pinch ground nutmeg
2 tbl butter
¼ cu brown sugar
½ cu granulated sugar
1 tbl canola oil
¾ cu 2% milk
1 tbl pure vanilla extract
1 ¼ cu whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cu all purpose flour
1 tbl baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly coat a rectangular 11x 7 “ pan with canola oil and dust with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, combine pineapple with ginger and nutmeg.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar.
Pour into tart pan and spread evenly over bottom of pan.
Top with diced seasoned pineapple.
4. In a large bowl, beat egg with sugar for about 1 minute or until graininess of sugar is gone
5. Add oil, milk and vanilla and mix well.
6. In large bowl, sift together both flours, baking powder and salt. Add egg mixture, and mix until just combined.
7. Do not over mix! Pour into tart pan over pineapple.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
9. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Find more like this: Grandpa's Use Only