- 1 LB Flank steak or Skirt steak
- 2 TBL Lime juice
- 4 cloves Minced garlic
- 1 Diced onion
- 2 TBL Grandpa's Thunder Powder, Arghh Powder, or other.
- 2 TBL EVOO
STEP BY STEP
- Pound (pallard) steak to about a quarter of an inch in thickness
- Marinate overnight in a plastic bag filled with lime juice, garlic, onion, Thunder Powder, and EVOO
- Approximately 20 hours later, squeeze between paper towels to remove moisture that may have been absorbed into the meet. Flavor will still remain.
Once recipe I found does the seasoning of the meat just before grilling, and then places it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to cure. I prefer to let steak come up to room temperature, blot dry, and season just before grilling
- Cook streaks over very high heat for only about two minutes per side
- Let rest 5 minutes then cut against grain in very thin strips
- Serve with warm flour tortillas with a side of grilled onion strips and grilled bell pepper strips
A great recipe for your lower cuts of beef.