- 5 C flour – plus more for kneading
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C powdered instant milk
- 1-1/2 C lowfat milk
- Up to 1/4 C water (1 TBL at a time) if needed to thin dough ball
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg (1 TBL) yeast
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
STEP BY STEP
- Mix sugar, salt , yeast and half the flour
- Combine water, milk, butter over low heat
- Add to dry ingredients. Mix at medium speed
- Add half the remaining flour, beat at high speed 2 min
- Add enough flour to make soft dough
- Add water only if necessary to bring dough together
- Turn out on floured board and knead 10 min. until smooth and elastic
- Place in greased bowl, turning to coat, cover, let rise 1 hr, until double
- Punch down, let rest 15 min.
- Cut in half and form into two loaves, let rise in loaf pans 1 hour.
- Bake in 400° oven, for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350º and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
- Bread is done when internal temp is 200º or when it sounds hollow when tapped
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches