- 1 lb Kale (chopped)
- 4 strips of bacon (1/2” pieces)
- 1/2 C fontina cheese
- 3 cloves garlic (sliced into chips)
- 2 C Chicken stock
STEP BY STEP
- To prepare Kale, remove thick stem, roll up & slice into ½” ribbons, Float leaves in water basin to wash.
- Cut bacon into 1/2” pieces
- Cook bacon @ med hi till brown & crispy, put onto paper towel and set aside.
- Into rendered fat add, garlic chips, cook till transparent (done).
- Add kale, bit by bit, adding a bit of salt w/ each handful to draw out moisture.
- After kale has wilted, add chicken stock (1 can plus a splash of water), bring up to simmer & cook 10 minutes covered.
- Cook your pasta
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water for sauce thinning.
- Drain pasta, add fontina cheese or other cheese, add salt & pepper.
- Serve w/ sprinkles of bacon & cheese.
- Add cut tomatoes or cherry tomatoes for texture.
Find more like this: Breads, Pasta, Potatoes, Starches