Think of this recipe as a general idea and improvise. Use cooked greens like spinach and chard instead of all or part of the potato. Or before cooking the vegetables, saute several slices of good bacon or pancetta in the skillet until barely browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Discard the fat in the pan and proceed with the rest of the recipe. Add the bacon to the egg mixture before pouring it over the potatoes.
- Zucchini (cubed fairly small)
- 2 Roma Tomato (pieces)
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 1 sm onion (diced)
- ½ TBL thyme
- scant salt & pepper
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 2 TBL whole milk or yogurt
- 1/3 C shredded cheese
STEP BY STEP
- Place zucchini, onion, thyme, salt& pepper in an oven safe skillet with EVOO
- Saute in olive oil till tender – 8-10 minutes
- Cook uncovered till most liquid evaporates
- Add 3 mixed eggs, 2 tbl whole milk or yogurt.
- Turn heat to med low and add eggs to pan
- Lift zucchini just enough to let eggs flow thru.
- Add sliced tomatoes and 1/3 cu shredded cheese
- Distribute over top, cook on stove top 15 min.
- Sprinkle lightly w/more shredded cheese, and bake in over 15 minutes
Optional, cook in tureens